By combining battle-proven fighter pilot doctrine with engineering expertise and true race craft wisdom, the unique Cross-Training approach of RaceCraft 1 can greatly Improve your Racing Skills, Strengthen your Mental Game, and Sharpen that all important Competitive Edge.
Race Craft 1 specializes in formal instruction and driver development for professional racers and engineers, developing-youth drivers, and motorsports enthusiasts through a professional training program custom-tailored specifically to each client's experience level and personal goals. Our primary tools for instruction away from the track include professional simulators of our own design.
Kelly C. Jones, Major, USAF (sep.)
Principal, RaceCraft 1, LLC
- US Air Force Academy, Graduate - 1989, Aerospace Engineering Degree
- US Air Force Academy Boxing Champion - 1989, Middleweight Division
- US Air Force Academy Commandant's List - Excellence in Military Conduct
- US Air Force Academy Dean's List - Excellence in Academic performance
- All-American Athlete - National Collegiate Boxing Association
F-16 Pilot, Mission Commander, and Instructor – 10 years experience, 2200+ Flight Hours
Qualified and Led Strike Packages of 30+ Aircraft as Mission Commander.
Led, instructed, evaluated, and trained more than seventy rated pilots to fly the F-16 through a rigorous hands-on six month flying and simulator training course. Experience also included acting as Chief of Quality Assurance for Instruction, Testing, and Evaluation of forty F-16 instructor pilots.
USAF Senior Range Control Officer, Goldwater Gunnery Range – Evaluated and certified air force gunnery range control officers responsible for airspace control and range safety of combat aircraft during practice and live-fire exercises.
Battle Staff Coordinator – Assembled and managed a diverse team to coordinate handling of contingencies and emergency responses as the airbase commander's Situation Room Director. Oversaw the successful recovery efforts from six downed aircraft while serving in this capacity.
Motorsports Driver-Athlete / Competitor / Trainer
High Performance Driving Instructor – 8 years experience, including National Auto Sport Association and BMW Car Club of America – 91 Automobile Trackdays / High Performance Driving Schools Completed
- Motorcycle Racing – Sepang International Circuit
- 2006 Malaysian Super Series Supersport Division
- Sepang International Circuit Safety Liaison – 2006-2008
- 2007 & 2008 Malaysian Super Series Superbike Divisionn
- High Performance Motorcycling Instructor
- 107 Motorcycle Trackdays Completed
Kart Racing – Philippines International Karting Association, 2001-2003, 125cc Rotax Max Division
Formed in 2011, RaceCraft 1 combines all the best practices of speed and sport into a training program that works. RaceCraft1 is now operating in the PitFit Training Center located in Indianapolis, Indiana, USA. PitFit is considered America's number one fitness and performance training center for driver-athletes.